Sunkissed Stripes Shawl Kit
Curated kits for the Sunkissed Shawl shawl designed by Tif Neilan.
NOTES FROM THE DESIGNER
Sunkissed Stripes… inspired by my favorite time of the day [just before golden hour] when the sun is lower in the sky and feels like a warm but gentle hug on your skin.
I wanted a lightweight shawl as an easy-to-wear layer for when it starts to get cooler in the mornings & evenings. There’s no denying, I am kind of having a moment with stripes these days and wanted to be playful with this design, while also embracing the relaxation that I tend to crave this time of year! North Bay Fiber's "Elemental Fingering" yarn brought this inspiration and feeling to life. Vibrant "Jitterbug" colorway immediately spoke to me, emitting a "fun Summertime vibe" to complement the more subtle "Salmon" and "Sand Point" colors, resulting in a palette that so perfectly embodied that feeling of sun-kissed shoulders in the Summertime!
Sunkissed Stripes is a lightweight (fingering weight) shawl designed for a combination of three contrasting colors. The stripes are created through a mixture of Garter Stitch and Slip-Stitch patterns (alternating between two colors in each section), for a relaxing knit that will keep you engaged throughout. This design begins with just a handful of stitches. Increases are worked on every row, along one edge of the shawl, establishing an asymmetrical shape while quickly growing the wingspan. For an extra playful finishing touch, Sunkissed Stripes is adorned with a picot bind-off.
(when oriented sideways for wearing)
Approx 59" / 147.5 cm wingspan (including the natural curve) x 28" / 70 cm center drop, post blocking.
• 3 skeins of Elemental Fingering in 3 colors (1 skein each color)
• Kit 1: Jitterbug, Salmon, and Sand Point (shown in Tif's modeled photos)
• Kit 2: Sand Point, Tobico, and Deep Dive (also shown in Jill's modeled photos)
• Kit 3: Mulberry Haze, Chestnut, and Sand Point
• Kit 4: Split Shot, Rock Bottom, and Coho
• Kit 5: Jitterbug, Tobico, and Sand Point
• Kit 6: Lotus, Tobico, and Sand Point
• Kit 7: Float, Chestnut, and Sand Point
• Kit 8: Chartreuse, Jiggin', and Deep Dive
• Custom Kit!
WHAT IS A CUSTOM KIT?
Perhaps you would like to purchase a kit but do not see the colors you'd like. Just purchase the "Custom Kit" option and we will email you and consult with you to curate your custom kit! We love to help with color pairings!
• Dyed To Order: If the kit you ordered is in current inventory, your order will ship within 2-4 business days. For yarn ordered that is not in our current inventory, we will dye-to-order and ship within 1-3 weeks from purchase.
• Domestic orders over $175 ship free.
• Orders are shipped USPS. Cost will depend on order weight and destination and will be calculated at checkout.
• We currently only ship within the United States and to Canada. If you are outside of this range, please email us ( email@example.com ) and we arrange shipping options for you.
• You will receive shipping confirmation and tracking once the order is processed.