Designed by: Jill Zielinski
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
* * *
Summer Moon is a bottom up, crescent shaped wrap, with gradual decreasing waves of color. The pattern is written for 6 colors or 3 colors and may be knit using sport or fingering weight yarn. Whatever version you choose, the Summer Moon shawl is a stunning piece. You’ll love knitting this shawl and once you’re finished, you’ll find this wrap is a fun way to get cozy on those cool nights under the Summer Moon!
North Bay Fiber, Elemental Sport (100% Cormo; 325yd / 295m per 100g); in colors: Sand Point (C1), 2 skeins, Caddis (C2), Deep Dive (C3), Gill Plate (C4), Green Cottage (C5), and Bay Shore (C6), 1 skein each color. 6-color cover sample.
Or a similar sport weight yarn in the following amounts:
• C1: Approx 744yd / 676m
• C2: Approx 136yd / 124m
• C3: Approx 154yd / 140m
• C4: Approx 168yd / 153m
• C5: Approx 139yd / 127m
• C6: Approx 197yd / 179m
North Bay Fiber, Elemental Fingering (100% Cormo; 465yd / 425m per 100g); in colors: Rock Bottom (C1), 2 skeins and Coho (C2) and Split Shot (C3), 1 skein each color. 3-color cover sample.
Or a similar fingering weight yarn in the following amounts:
• C1: Approx 717yd / 651m
• C2: Approx 235yd / 214m
• C3: Approx 266yd / 242m
Note: Finished measurements may vary depending on how aggressively you block your wrap.
Approx 62" / 158cm across top, 96" / 244cm across bottom, 31" / 79cm deep, and 16" / 40cm on edge
Approx 58" / 147cm across top, 90" / 229cm across bottom, 25” / 64cm deep, and 13" / 33cm on edge
Note: Gauge for this is not critical but will affect final size and approx yardage used.
• 18 sts x 28 rows = 4" / 10cm in stockinette stitch, blocked
• 20 sts x 32 rows = 4" / 10cm in stockinette stitch, blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 7 (4.5 mm) 40" / 100 cm (a circular needle long enough to accommodate stitches)— or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (4.0 mm) 40” / 100 cm (a circular needle long enough to accommodate stitches)— or size necessary to obtain gauge
Tapestry needle and 36 Stitch markers - optional / see notes
• Shawl is worked from the bottom up.
• Short rows are used to create the crescent shape.
• Optional stitch markers - To help keep track of your knitting, stitch markers may be placed in between each chart repeat.
• Stitch count is the same for Sport and Fingering weight versions. Charts may be used interchangeably with either weight yarn.
• A blank chart is provided on page 5 so that you may create your own striped version. Do remember that your yardage will be affected if your stripes differ from the original charts.