Designed by: Jill Zielinski
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
* * *
A wintry motif of snowflakes repeats around a warm and cozy hat. Knit in North Bay Fiber Heritage, this DK design is light yet warm. Follow the lines as the colorwork seamlessly transitions into a four-point crown decrease. A clever detail atop a beautiful hat
Approx 21”/53cm circumference x 8.5”/21.5cm tall
RECOMMENDED: North Bay Fiber, Heritage
(100% Targhee-Polypay; 150yd/137m per 50g); 1 skein each color. Sample shown in Natural (C1) and North Bay (C2)
OR: Heavy DK/Light Worsted Weight yarn in the
• C1: 109yds/99m
• C2: 109yds/99m
20 sts x 26 rnds = 4”/10cm in pattern, worked in the round,
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (4.0 mm) 16”/40cm circular needles and DPNs—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Smaller Needle: Size US 3 (3.25 mm) 16”/40cm circular needles — or one three sizes smaller than gauge needle
Stitch markers and tapestry needle.
• Hat is worked in the round from the bottom up.
• The 26 stitch repeat is worked 4 times each per round.
• Placing stitch markers between repeats may be helpful.