North Bay Fiber Journey
(100% American Romney Wool; Approx 175 yd / 159 m per 100 g)
Romney sheep are a long-wool, medieval breed with a strong and lustrous fleece. The long staple length combined with the natural crimp help to create a sturdy yarn that softens with wear but stands the test of time.
Undyed it's a stunning heathered grey with a beautiful sheen. Once dyed, the heathered canvas creates deep saturated colors. Journey knits up beautifully in a single color, showcasing the gorgeous fabric. Colorwork is equally pleasing for this semi-worsted spun yarn. Either way, this magnificent yarn will create cherished garments and accessories made to last.
• Semi-Worsted Spun
• On average, the gauge range is 4-5 sts per inch on US 7-9
• Approx 175yrds / 159m per 100g
• Sourced: Montague, California
• Spun: Nazareth, Pennsylvania
• Hand-Dyed: Pinconning, Michigan
• Journey blooms and softens after a soak. Hand wash in lukewarm water and dry flat.
• The yarn is spun at a Aran weight but when knit up and blocked, this yarn blooms to a gauge that is comparable to a heavy Worsted / Aran weight yarn.
• In an effort to not damage or weaken the wool it is not harshly scoured, therefore a small amount of vegetable matter (VM) might be present in the yarn.
• Hand-dyed Orders: If the yarn you ordered is in current inventory, your order will ship within 1-3 business days. For yarn ordered that is not in our current inventory, we will dye-to-order and ship within 1-3 weeks from purchase.
• Domestic orders over $175 ship free.
• Orders are shipped USPS. Cost will depend on order weight and destination and will be calculated at checkout.
• We currently only ship within the United States and to Canada. If you are outside of this range, please email us ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we arrange shipping options for you.
• You will receive shipping confirmation and tracking once order is processed.