Silverlake 2-Color Kit - by Jessica McDonald
Curated kits for the Silverlake shawl designed by Jessica McDonald.
Peacefulness and gentleness translated into knitting. The soothing simplicity of Silverlake is the perfect escape from chaos and stress. Most of the shawl is simply knitting every row with a very easy center detail. Graceful and easily-memorized lace adorns the bottom edge. Silverlake is perfect for picking up at the end of a long, hard day and letting the stitches ease away the noise of the world.
Silverlake is begun from a garter tab. Increases are worked to create a modified triangle shape that grows width-wise much faster than depth-wise. This gives a lovely, wide shawl that easily curves and drapes around your shoulders without becoming excessively deep.
Sample shown is knit in Kit No. 1.
• Wingspan: Approx 65 inches / 162.5 cm
• Depth: Approx 22 inches / 55 cm
• Heritage DK (100% Targhee-Polypay; 150yd/137m per 50 g); 4 skeins of main color (MC) and 2 skeins of contrasting color (CC)
• Kit No. 1: Mulberry Haze (MC) and Chestnut (CC)
• Kit No. 2: Shoreline (MC) and Natural (CC)
• Kit No. 3: Tobico (MC) and Chinook (CC)
• Kit No. 4: Black Stone (MC) and Steelhead (CC)
• Kit No. 5: North Bay (MC) and Pumpkinseed (CC)
• Custom Kit!
WHAT IS A CUSTOM KIT?
Perhaps you would like to purchase a kit but do not see the colors you'd like. Just purchase the "Custom Kit" option and we will email you and consult with you to curate your custom kit! We love to help with color pairings!
• Dyed To Order: If the kit you ordered is in current inventory, your order will ship within 2-4 business days. For yarn ordered that is not in our current inventory, we will dye-to-order and ship within 1-3 weeks from purchase.
• Domestic orders over $175 ship free.
• Orders are shipped USPS. Cost will depend on order weight and destination and will be calculated at checkout.
• We currently only ship within the United States and to Canada. If you are outside of this range, please email us ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we arrange shipping options for you.
• You will receive shipping confirmation and tracking once the order is processed.