Saginaw Pillow - Heritage Home Collection
Designed by Dori Kershner for North Bay Fiber
Now through February 2, 2023, purchase any Heritage Home Collection Kit and receive the pattern for FREE! Link to the Saginaw Pillow can be found HERE.
Plus, we are having a Heritage Home Collection KAL (knit-a-long) in our Raverly group! Cast-on for a Saginaw Pillow and join the party! KAL will run 02.20.23-04.20.23. Join the Ravelry Group today - full KAL details will be posted very soon!
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
* * *
This pillow set will add texture and a pop of color to any room. Named after the Saginaw Bay, twisted cables flow in and out, creating an intricate yet surprisingly intuitive design. All odd rounds are simple knits and purls, and all cables are performed without the use of a cable needle. The stitch pattern is easily memorized. All these elements make for a fun and engaging project that you’ll want to return to time and time again, each time you redecorate. Choose from a square or lumbar shape, or knit both styles and you’ll have a beautiful set to accent your bed or sofa!
RECOMMENDED: North Bay Fiber, Heritage
(100% Targhee-Polypay; 150 yd/137 m per 50 g); 4 (4) skeins
OR: 600 yds/548m of similar heavy DK/light worsted weight
yarn per pillow.
• Square Pillow sample shown in color Chinook.
• Lumbar Pillow sample shown in color North Bay.
20 sts x 30 rnds = 4”/10 in chart pattern worked in flat and in the round, blocked (slightly stretched)
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 5 (4.0 mm) 32”/80cm or 40”/100cm circular needle.
• Smaller Needle: Size US 4 (3.75 mm) for I-cord BO (optional)
Waste yarn, Stitch markers (optional) and Tapestry needle
• 9 Buttons sized to fit buttonholes. Sample shown used buttons that are 7/8” round and 1” toggles.
• Pillow insert to correspond with the dimensions of your pillow.
• We recommend purchasing your insert ahead of time so that you are able to “try on” your pillow.