In A Flurry
Designed by: Jill Zielinski
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
* * *
The In a Flurry hat was inspired by those magical, first of the season flurries that seem to come out of nowhere and are gone just as quickly, leaving beautiful snowflakes behind. Designed in North Bay Fiber Heritage, this DK weight hat is adorned with addictive colorwork motifs. You’ll find this hat knits up in no time! Written for 3 sizes, this might be the perfect knit for all your holiday knit-giving!
Small (Medium, Large)
Approx 17.5 (20, 21.5)" / 44.5 (51, 54.5) cm circumference
by 9.5 (10, 10.75)" / 24 (25.5, 27) cm tall
North Bay Fiber, Heritage (100% Targhee-Polypay; 150 yd / 137 m per 50 g); 1 skein each color.
Cover sample is a size large and shown in in Wintry Chart:
Natural (C1), Chinook (C2), Steelhead, (C3), and Shoreline (C4)
Back cover sample is a size medium and shown in Holiday Chart:
Natural (C1), Marsh (C2), Redear, (C3), and Algae (C4)
OR: Heavy DK, light worsted weight yarn in the following amounts:
• C1: 72 (90, 99) yds / 65 (82, 90) m
• C2: 18 (21, 24) yds / 16 (19, 22) m
• C3: 51 (66, 72) yds / 46 (60, 65) m
• C4: 15 (18, 21) yds / 14 (16, 19) m
20 sts x 26 rnds = 4” / 10 cm in pattern, worked in the round and blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch. Note: Depending on the size knit, a longer circular gauge needle may be needed to accommodate yoke and body stitches. Use the appropriate length for the size you are making.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (4.0 mm) 16"/40cm circular needles and DPNs—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Smaller Needle: Size US 3 (3.25 mm) 16"/40 cm circular needles — or one three sizes smaller than gauge needle
Stitch marker, tapestry needle, and optional pom pom.