Heritage Socks - Heritage Home Collection
Designed by: Dori Kershner for North Bay Fiber
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
* * *
Wool socks are a knitter’s wardrobe staple and this cozy pair doesn’t disappoint! With a thicker DK weight yarn and simple twisted stitch pattern, the Heritage Socks are a perfect first sock for newer knitters or a nice quick, mindless project for our experts! They are lightweight but will keep you warm during the cold Winter months and the simple pattern and lofty Heritage will fly off your needles! We can’t wait to see these peeking out of your favorite boots!
Women’s S/Youth L (Women’s M/Men’s S, Women’s L/Men’s M)
Size shown is Women’s M/Men’s S, modled on a size 7 US foot.
Approx 7.25 (8, 8.75)“/18 (20, 22) cm foot circumference
with foot of 7.25 (8, 8.75)”/18 (20, 22)cm
RECOMMENDED: North Bay Fiber, Heritage
(100% Targhee-Polypay; 150yd/137m per 50g); 2 skeins
Sample shown is color Watershed.
OR: Heavy DK/Light Worsted Weight yarn in the
following amounts: Approx 250 (275, 300) yd/227 (250, 272)m
NOTE: Yardage used will vary depending on custom foot length.
• 22 sts x 26 rnds = 4”/10 cm in pattern stitch, worked in the round
and slightly stretched
• 20 sts and 26 rounds = 4”/10 cm in st st worked in the round
Needle listed is suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Size US 5/3.75 mm set of 5 double pointed needles (DPNs) (DPN directions)—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Size US 5/3.75 mm 40” circular needle (MAGIC LOOP
directions)—or size necessary to obtain gauge
Stitch marker(s) and tapestry needle
• This pattern is written for both double pointed needles method and magic loop method.
• In sections where both are indicated be sure to choose which method and follow that set of instructions.
• Needles a pointy tip may be helpful when knitting twisted stitches (1/1 RC).
• For a tutorial on the twisted stitch used in this pattern please visit the link: HERE