Heritage - Chinook
North Bay Fiber Heritage
(100% Targhee-Polypay; 150 yd / 137 m per 50 g), in color: Chinook
Heritage is woolen spun yarn that takes the dye beautifully. The yarn is light and lofty. An ideal yarn for colorwork, but also contains enough body to showcase texture.
Targhee-Polypay sheep are known for their consistent, quality fleece. The fine wool heritage is evident in their wool. The yarn is soft and fine, but also durable. This makes it an excellent choice for everyday garments and accessories.
• Woolen Spun
• 23 Micron
• On average, the gauge range is 5-6 sts per inch on US 5-7
• 150 yrds / 137 m per 50 g
• Sourced: Ogemaw County, MI
• Scoured: Jamestown, SC
• Dyed: Philadelphia, PA
• Spun: Frankenmuth, MI
• Designed: Pinconning, MI
• Heritage blooms and softens after a soak. Hand wash in lukewarm water and dry flat.
• The yarn is spun at a DK weight but when knit up and blocked, this yarn blooms to a gauge that is comparable to a heavy DK / light worsted weight yarn.
• In an effort to not damage or weaken the wool it is not harshly scoured, therefore a small amount of vegetable matter (VM) might be present in the yarn.
• Purchase 8 of more skeins and receive a complimentary project bag.
• Domestic orders over $150 ship free.
• Orders are shipped USPS. Cost will depend on order weight and destination and will be calculated at checkout.
• We currently only ship within the United States and to Canada. If you are outside of this range, please email us ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we arrange shipping options for you.
• Orders ship within 2-4 business days from purchase.
• You will receive shipping confirmation and tracking once order is processed.